Golden Gate Harvest Outlook 2015-2016
Summer draws to a close, the days grow shorter, and a new season of Golden Gate ASHRAE is upon us. So it's now time for greetings from your 2015-2016 chapter president.
I'm excited to be here and to be working with an excellent crop of board and committee members. I anticipate a bountiful harvest for the chapter this year; many of our committee chairs are entering their second year of service and are poised for strong growth. And we have new chairs showing great promise. Check out the team here: board and committees. And please contact me at [email protected] if you feel ready to dig in too.
2015-2016 Golden Gate harvest outlook:
- Enlightening chapter-meeting presentations
- October 7 Seminar: Sustainable Urban Housing, with an all-star lineup. (Thanks, Charles and seminar committee!)
- Another strong lineup of YEA activities. Click here. (Great job, Alyse!)
- Student scholarships; we awarded over $20,000 last year and it will be even higher this year
- Student travel grants. We helped two students attend national ASHRAE meetings and hope to send four this year.
- K-12 student activities (Go Anna!).
- Sporting Clays Tournament, October 25, joint event with the San Jose Chapter.
- Product show, May 2016. (Thanks, Ivan!)
- Golf tournament, summer 2016. (Good job, Steve!)
- Tennis tournament, summer 2016. (Nice shot, James!)
- Funding-raising for ASHRAE research, over $27,000 last year. (Woo hoo, Jason!)
- State and local policy updates from our Grassroots Government Advocacy Committee (Yea, Jeremy!).
- And more! (Please also plant your ideas)
I'd like to close my first president's message with thanks to our immediate past president Annie Foster-Courtney. For her six years (and counting) on the board, Annie has many times gone beyond the call of duty to resolve problems and move the chapter forward. Thanks to her hard work we have a great foundation for another great Golden Gate year.
ASHRAE Golden Gate